Friday, August 12, 2011

Master Chef or Ironman?

.Like many Americans, we have gotten caught up in the craze of watching "food shows" on television. We do not have cable or satellite or anything like that, so our choices are limited as to what we watch. As a result, we have become big fans of "Master Chef" on FOX.

There is a particular judge on there that I "love to hate". I think he makes Gordon Ramsey look like Pollyanna! If you have seen the show, then you know that I am talking about Joe Bastianich. I do not know what he is like in real life, but on "Master Chef", he is just plain mean! He spits out people's food, dumps their food in the trash, and usually succeeds in making someone cry! "

Well, guess who will be swimming right there along side James at the Ironman! Yes, Mr. Bastianich himself will be competing at Kona! When told he would be there, James said "He will probably tell me my gels do not taste right and criticize my nutrition!" Ha! I said "No, he will say that they are lacking flavor and spit them on the ground!"

To his credit, he is a man who has worked hard for his spot, losing 60 pounds along the way. He had to qualify, just like everyone else. I read in an article that he has a goal to finish in 12 hours. Will he do it? Stay tuned on October 8 to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment