Thursday, September 1, 2011

Who to Cheer For!

I have mentioned before, that my favorite professional Ironman racer is an Australian named “Chris McCormack”. Aaron’s favorite is “Craig Alexander” because as he says “His last name is my middle name!” James is a big admirer of Chrissy Wellington. We were looking forward to watching all our favorites compete it Kona on October 8.

I was extremely disappointed to learn that “Macca” would not be defending his title in Kona this year! He has stated that the only regret he has in his career is not being in the Olympics. He has spent his summer persuing a spot on the Australian olympic triathlon team. So, while he will be speaking in Kona, I will not get to see him race!

So, who will I be cheering for to win it all on October 8? I gotta go with another Chris. This one is an American and his name is Chris Lieto! The last American to win the Ironman World Championship was Tim Deboom in 2002. It is time to see another American in that number 1 spot!

No comments:

Post a Comment