Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Ironman!

The other night our family had a “family meeting” to talk about where to do our next full Ironman race. After doing Kona in 2011, we are taking a “break” and only doing a half-Iron distance this year.

Immediately, we started talking about our “dream” places…Australia, Ireland, etc. Upon realizing that we are not independently wealthy (what a shock!) we shifted to the more realistic races. These would be races in North America. Not just races in the United States, but Canada, too. There are some really cool looking races in Canada!

Aaron’s vote was for Ironman Wisconsin. You see, his Paw Paw Mark lives in Wisconsin and he has been asking to go visit him. I guess he figures after all the fun they had together in Hawaii, this would be a chance for them to do it again! We kept hearing “Ironman Wisconsin” over and over again!

James seemed to be leaning toward Ironman Florida or Ironman Lake Placid. I have heard a lot about these two races lately. Unfortunately for me, every time I hear “Lake Placid” I think of that stupid movie with the crocodile! I don’t think Ironman, or the 1980 Winter Olympics. NO! I just think of that stupid movie! I think if James ran that race I would be worried the entire time that he would be eaten by a giant crocodile!

I am not sure what my preference is. As much as I love Texas, we have raced there twice, and I would like to see other parts of the country (or Canada!)

The choices are St. George, Utah, The Woodlands, Texas, Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, Lake Placid, New York, New York, New York, Mont-Tremblant, Quebec, Canada, Louisville, Kentucky, Penticton, B.C. Canada, Madison, Wisconsin, Panama City Beach, Florida, and Tempe, Arizona.

Where do you think we should race?

1 comment:

  1. My top three would be:
    1. Panama City Beach, Florida
    2. Quebec, Canada
    3. New York, New York

    ReplyDelete