Friday, July 6, 2012


I know I tend to repeat myself when I talk about how winning the lottery slot to the 2011 Ironman World Championship has changed our lives.  The truth is though, our lives are so totally different than they were 15 months ago!

I recently found myself thinking how “tame” this summer seems.  We have been busy, but it seems as if we are standing still compared to last summer!

By this time last summer, we had already traveled to Buffalo Springs Lake and James had completed the ½ Ironman required to secure his slot.  The days when James was not at work were spent training and preparing for the trip.  He would ride his bike or run, and we would follow him around the county with water and gatorade!  This summer, our “free” days are spent at the pool!

Even though we will not be in Kona in October, our hearts are still there.  I don’t think a day goes by that we do not talking about Ironman or triathlon!  We talk about our trip, we talk about the pros and who will win this year, we talk about the lottery slot winners this year and what they are going through right now as they get ready for Kona, and we talk about our Ironman dreams…where we want to race in the future!  Ironman has definitely consumed our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment