Monday, July 30, 2012

Watching the Olympics on tv is bringing back so many memories!  During the summer of 2004, I was blessed to travel with 7 other wonderful women to Athens, Greece, to participate in “hospitality ministries” to the athletes and spectators of the Olympic Games.  I was pregnant with Aaron (who is now 7 ½).  We were housed in a church in the “shadow” of the Acropolis, across the street from Hadrian’s Arch.  It was a prime location, both for Greek history and the excitement of the Olympics!


From this prime spot, we were able to see the torch carried in for the opening ceremonies.  It passed right in front of me, close enough that I could have tripped the carrier (I didn’t, obviously, but I could have!  That’s how close it was!)  We were also able to watch the cycling from our church “home”.   It was an amazing experience! 

No comments:

Post a Comment