Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Support for a Good Cause!

Since I was a little boy, my Grandma Goforth was always a huge encourager and supporter of my dreams. A few years ago, I began dreaming of doing an Ironman race. Around the same time, my grandmother began her battle with ALS (also known as Lou Gehrig’s disease).

On April 15, 2011, I was awarded a lottery slot to the 2011 Ford Ironman World Championship in Kona, Hawaii, which will take place on October 8. Grandma Goforth was one of the first people I called to share my exciting news with.

On May 27, Grandma lost her battle with ALS. To honor her memory, I have joined the “Blazeman Foundation”, which raises money for ALS awareness and research. I will dedicate my race in Hawaii to my much loved grandmother.

You also can help me honor my grandmother’s memory. You can do this in several ways.

1. Prayers are needed for safe training, travel and racing

2. Tax deductible donations can be made at: www.active.com/donate/teamblazeman/blazemanJGarris

It is with much love that we seek your support as we step out on faith to do this race.

Sincerely,

James, Monica, Aaron and Rylan Garris

No comments:

Post a Comment