Sunday, November 13, 2011

Finish Line Frustrations

Doesn’t Aaron look like he is having fun? Ha! Ha!


One of my big frustrations on race day was the fact that the online athlete tracking system was messed up for those of us in Kona. Every time I would try to track James, I would receive a message to “go to a desktop computer”. Well, believe it or not, I had not carried my desktop to Kona with me! And, our hotel did not have a business center where I could access the internet. Therefore, I was stuck receiving updates from friends and family on the mainland!

A miscalculation of James’s finish time had me rushing my dad, Aaron and Rylan down to the finish line. We had not eaten dinner yet, and we grabbed a sandwich on the way. We got down there, and Rylan decided that he was not having any part of it! He did not want to be in the stroller, but we could not let him out to crawl around. He screamed and fussed, until finally, my dad took him back to the hotel. (Again, I was so thankful that my father was there! I don’t know what I would have done without him. Probably broke down and cried!)

By this time, we realized that James was going to be a little while longer than we thought. Aaron and I did not want to take a chance on missing the big finish though, so we stayed near the finish line.

As the time for him to finish drew closer, Aaron and I fought the crowd to get right up near the finish line. Aaron was a trooper, but it had already been a long day and the crowd and the noise is not a lot of fun for a little guy!

1 comment:

  1. LOL....Aaron looks miserable! Glad your dad was there to help out. I bet this was a very long day.

    ReplyDelete