Thursday, November 10, 2011

Iron Family

Race day is often an endurance event for the Iron Family! It means extremely early mornings, lots of walking, even more waiting, and tons of nerves! I sometimes wonder who is more nervous on race day, James or me? I can tell you that in Kona, it was definitely me!

We were so blessed that my father was able to come to Hawaii with us and help take care of the boys. I honestly don’t know what I would have done if he had not been there! It was a long day, that would have been so much longer had I not had help!

After watching Craig Alexander cruise to the finish in barely over 8 hours, we walked back up to our hotel. The great thing about the Royal Kona Resort, is that the run passed by there twice!

Poor little Rylan! He did not know what was going on and he just wanted down to play! His nickname is “Monkey”, so his shirt says “Tri Monkey”.


Aaron gets bored watching races (especially one as long as this one!) His shirt says “Tri Kid”.

We jokingly called my dad our “Panny”. That stands for “Paw Paw/Nanny”. So, of course, he had to have a “Tri Panny” t-shirt!

1 comment: