Monday, October 17, 2011

Macca and Me!

Chris McCormack is my favorite professional triathlete. He won the Ironman in 2007 and 2010. He did not defend his title in 2011, because he is persuing his dream of participating in the Olympics. He spent the summer training and racing in shorter distance triathlons.

“Macca” was at the Ironman race though. When Rylan and I saw him on the street, we could not resist getting our picture taken with him!

Most of the crowds were distracted by the start of the “Underpants Run” (which is exactly what it sounds like…people running through the streets of Kona in their underpants!), so they did not realize Macca was there. I had the opportunity to talk a little bit with him. He was super nice, and seemed almost shy (of course that could be because I was talking a hundred miles an hour like a star-struck teenager!) When I told him that my husband was a lottery winner, he asked me how he was feeling about the race. I replied that James was nervous, and he wished him good luck!

As soon as the “Underpants Run” was over, Macca was mobbed! You could not even get near him. I was so glad that I had a chance to meet him earlier!

No comments:

Post a Comment