Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Race Morning!


Race day dawned bright and early! Well, not so bright at 4:00 am, but it sure was early! My dad had stayed the night in our room, and the plan was for him to stay with the boys while I went to the starting line with James. We got ready and took the elevator down to the ground floor. As we were leaving the building, I hear this heart wrenching scream of “MOMMY!!!” I ran back toward the stairs and there was Aaron, in his pajamas, running down the stairs screaming my name! I ran up the stairs to him. He said in a weepy voice “I want to go with you!” I loved on him and talked with him for a little bit, finally convincing him to go back to the room. My father was standing there with the door open. He had heard the door shut once when we left, and again when Aaron ran out. He could not leave Rylan, so he was just caught in a state of limbo as to what to do!

We finally made it out of the hotel. James had slept fairly well and was ready for some coffee! We stopped by “Java on the Rock”, which had opened at 3:00 am! We continued on down the road, and were soon joined by hundreds of people headed to the same place we were.

As we approached the starting line, a bunch of people started walking down the street with surf boards! These were some of the volunteers who would be patrolling the water during the swim. It was extremely cool to watch them carrying their surf boards. They seemed almost as excited as the athletes!

Meet me back here in 14 hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment