Monday, October 24, 2011

Pink Skirt for Breast Cancer

This is Steven (and Steven’s friend). We first met Steven and his sweet wife, Kathy, in LAX while we were delayed flying to Hawaii.

Yes, Steven is wearing a pink skirt! I thought that he was wearing it just to fit in with the craziness that is the “Underpants Run”in Kona. Believe me, I saw much stranger things than this running down Ali’I Drive that morning!

Turns out there is a much more serious reason he is wearing it. He is wearing this pink skirt in honor of “Breast Cancer Awareness Month” and in tribute to 3 ladies in his own life that are recovering from breast cancer. His story of the pink skirt touched my heart. You can read the full story here: www.thedoorknobchronicles.com

Most of us do not have a chance to wear a pink skirt while running down Ali’I Drive in Kona, Hawaii. (And would we really have the nerve anyway?) Yet, each one of us has something we can do, though, right where we are. Today, I challenge you to find your own version of the “the pink skirt”. Just go out and do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment